A Bit About Me...

My name is Melonie Adams and I am a student at the University of South Alabama. I am majoring in Elementary Education; I will be starting presequence next semester. I am also a member of the Chi Omega fraternity at the university. Chi Omega is known for their outstanding grades and winners of the Dean's Cup for the past fourteen years. I am also a member of the National Society of Leadership and Success; this society was recently formed on campus about one year ago which make me one of the founding members. I am a very motivated person and it is extremely important for me to succeed in everything I attempt. I chose the teaching profession because I truly have a passion for children and I want my students to achieve everything they could possibly want in life. Children deserve to be treated equally no matter what their ethnic background may be. I am so very excited about my future as a teacher because I feel that I will be able to make a difference in the lives of my students.
My Teaching Philosophy

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Compassion and Kindness

As a prospective teacher I believe that it is very important to be compassionate with my students, as fair as I can be in all aspects of the classroom, and most importantly to make sure that the students are learning the material being presented. Students should know that their teachers want them to succeed in school; I believe I can do this by showing the students compassion and kindness, along with high expectations for them to do well. I will be as fair as possible, remembering that all students do not come from the same background and have not been taught the same rules and responsibilities as others. The most important part of my teaching philosophy is making sure that the students are able to learn the subject matter. Learning should be interesting; if the material is presented to the students in an engaging way then the students will be more likely to remember what they were taught. Teaching is not about getting up in front of the class, teaching a lesson, and going home; a teacher should reflect on what they have done each day, and whether or not they believe the lesson was a success. Committing to this philosophy full-hearted can only make me a better and more effective teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment