A Bit About Me...

My name is Melonie Adams and I am a student at the University of South Alabama. I am majoring in Elementary Education; I will be starting presequence next semester. I am also a member of the Chi Omega fraternity at the university. Chi Omega is known for their outstanding grades and winners of the Dean's Cup for the past fourteen years. I am also a member of the National Society of Leadership and Success; this society was recently formed on campus about one year ago which make me one of the founding members. I am a very motivated person and it is extremely important for me to succeed in everything I attempt. I chose the teaching profession because I truly have a passion for children and I want my students to achieve everything they could possibly want in life. Children deserve to be treated equally no matter what their ethnic background may be. I am so very excited about my future as a teacher because I feel that I will be able to make a difference in the lives of my students.
My Teaching Philosophy

Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Ron Clark Story: How it Inspired Me

For any of you who have not seen the movie called "The Ron Clark Story," it is absolutely wonderful. This movie is about a teachers struggle with a particularly difficult classroom, who are considered the children who perform under grade level. Ron Clark was determined to get these children's test scores above grade level by the end of the school year, but the children refused to cooperate with him. Mr. Clark never gave up on these students and sacrificed so much in order for them, to succeed. The children began to understand that he was only there because he wanted to see them grow and achieve their dreams so they decided to work hard for him and show that they were capable of doing well. At the end of the movie the principal announced that the class had scored better than any sixth grade class in the state and even better than the honors students at their own school; everyone was so excited and many of them went on to attend very prestigious middle schools.

This movie is such an inspiration to me as a future teacher because it shows me that with high expectations and motivation anything can be achieved. It is so important to me to make sure that my students know to dram big and to realize that they can achieve whatever they set their minds to. I plan to be the motivator my students need to give them that extra push to go out and reach for the stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment