A Bit About Me...

My name is Melonie Adams and I am a student at the University of South Alabama. I am majoring in Elementary Education; I will be starting presequence next semester. I am also a member of the Chi Omega fraternity at the university. Chi Omega is known for their outstanding grades and winners of the Dean's Cup for the past fourteen years. I am also a member of the National Society of Leadership and Success; this society was recently formed on campus about one year ago which make me one of the founding members. I am a very motivated person and it is extremely important for me to succeed in everything I attempt. I chose the teaching profession because I truly have a passion for children and I want my students to achieve everything they could possibly want in life. Children deserve to be treated equally no matter what their ethnic background may be. I am so very excited about my future as a teacher because I feel that I will be able to make a difference in the lives of my students.
My Teaching Philosophy

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Technological Tools for Teaching

There are many tools available for teachers at their finger tips, the problem is that many teachers are unaware of this. For example, Google is a fantastic tool for teachers to use because not only is it free, but it can be accessed anywhere at any time. Google is great for looking up information about any topic, but it also has a documents work center where papers and spreadsheets can be created. Another great technological tool for teachers is blogging; blogging can be an essential item in the classroom if the teacher is willing to learn new technology. Blogging is an easy way for teachers to post homework assignments for their students, in fact, students are also able to post their homework onto their personal blogs for grading. I believe blogs are a great way to get the students interested because they are able to personalized the blogs and add their own special touch. The last tool I will mention is Twitter. Twitter can be very valuable once you learn the ropes; Twitter is a little difficult to get used to at first. Twitter can be used for students to post questions about assignments they need help with and the student's teacher or fellow classmates, along with anyone else who knows, can reply back with help for the student. There are so many resources available, and they great thing is that all of the tools mentioned above are free!

No comments:

Post a Comment